Lens care dos
- Do clean the lenses and frame regularly with lukewarm water and a drop of mild liquid soap.
- Do dry the lenses with a soft, clean microfiber lens cloth, often provided by your optician.
- Do keep your glasses away from household detergents and beauty products such as hairspray and perfume. These can damage lenses and coatings.
- Do use both hands when you put on and take off your glasses.
- Do keep your glasses in a hard case, often provided by your optician.
- Do ask your optician about Hoya Visions anti-reflective and scratch-resistant coatings, which guarantee comfort, performance and durability.
- Do hold your glasses by the bridge, not the temples.
Keeping the glasses clean and in good shape will reduce wear and make them last longer. But also, they will perform better and provide a better vision experience.
Lens care don'ts
- Don't wipe your lenses with tissues, paper towels or paper napkins. These often contain wood fibers that can permanently damage the lens surface.
- Don't wipe your lenses with a towel that has been washed with fabric softener, as this can leave a misty film on your lenses.
- Don't put your glasses down on heat sources, such as ovens or central heating, or leave them in a hot car.
- Don't put your glasses down on the curved side of the lenses. This can damage the coating and cause scratches.
- Don't keep your glasses on your head. This can misalign the frame, affecting the position of the lenses in front of your eyes.