The HR Generalist for headquarters plays an integral role in assisting with the delivery of HR project activity associated with major business change programs. Reporting to the Corporate Sr. HR Manager, and working closely with the Corporate HR team, the role will blend both knowledge of HR processes, employment laws and best practices with a clear understanding of the human resources and project management disciplines. The role will also play an integral part in providing HR support to the Lewisville Customer Care team, assist with M&A activities, conduct employee relations investigations, conduct exit interviews, and serve as a back-up to the HR team. The HR Generalist will also provide local knowledge, HR expertise and administrative support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- Responsible for completion of special HR projects for the Corporate HR, the Vision Ease HR and the Global HR teams such as software and system implementations, employee engagement surveys and updating the company’s new hire orientation process.
- Completes projects and tasks for the executive team as needed.
- Support HR Management with merger and acquisition due diligence, integrations and new employee onboarding meetings.
- Consults with management on personnel and policy matters, and conducts thorough investigations as necessary. Uses judgment to interpret facts and draw conclusions. Responsible for recommendations and follow-through as necessary.
- Business Partner to the Lewisville Customer Care team’s management and employees.
- Ensure legal compliance as it relates to all HR matters including Hoya policy, wage & hour, discrimination, retaliation, harassment prevention, FMLA, etc. Stays abreast of changes in HR regulations at the federal, state and local levels. Trains employees and managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee HQ and the Lewisville Customer Care team’s security functions to include administration of the door access and security alarm.
- Leads and manages HQ and Lewisville Customer Care Teams’ Employee Committees. Creates, manages and implements programs to improve employee relations, retention and company morale within the designated budget.
- Conducts exit interviews for HQ and the Lewisville Customer Care team. Analyzes data provided to determine trends and develop action plans. Informs management of issues as needed.
- Completes headcount expansions for some HQ positions and the Lewisville Customer Care team.
- Assists with the recruiting, interviewing, selection and hiring of employees.
- Consults with the Corporate Human Resources department on policies and for applicable approvals, and keeps them informed of HR issues.
- Additional HR Projects and administrative duties as needed.
Payroll – (Performs these functions for the Lewisville Customer Care Team directly or as a back-up):
- Assists the Lewisville Customer Care team supervisors and managers with time keeping edits and is the supervisors’ back-up.
- Reviews and submits time to HQ Payroll department by the biweekly deadline for accurate and efficient payroll submission.
- Submits payroll changes to HQ Payroll department including new hires, terminations, department changes, time off (vacation, sick, leave of absence, etc.), employee data changes, salary changes, and other payroll changes per the applicable SOP’s.
- Provides information for various monthly reports for the Lewisville Customer Care team such as the headcount reports to finance on a timely basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a Business-related field required. PHR or SPHR strongly preferred. 2 years of Human Resources experience required. May include a combination of work experience and education. May include a combination of work experience and education.
Advanced understanding and interpretation of state & federal Personnel and Payroll laws and regulations, and ability to make use sound judgment to apply policy and law.
Intermediate PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS, and time keeping systems. Experience with DayForce HRIS a plus.
Competancies & Physical Requirements
To perform the job successfully, the individual should have the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Technical writing and the ability to create attractive and creative written documents and presentations.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ability to work overtime as needed.
Capable of sitting for extended periods of time, using a keyboard & mouse, and speaking in a professional manner in person and via phone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com or fax to (972) 989-8097.
Applicants who are offered a job with HOYA Vision Care will be tested for drugs as part of the post job offer employment screening process.
HOYA is an Equal Opportunity Employer