Supervises all lab employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the service center. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
How to Apply
Please contact Nicole Davis, Regional Human Resources Generalist, Nicole.Davis@hoya.com
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assigns duties, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow
- Maintains time and production records.
- Maintains and Repairs equipment. Delegates or request assistance as needed.
- Randomly inspects work in progress and finished products to ensure conformance to quality standards.
- Communicates company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work related problems or assists employees in solving work related problems.
- Assists in development or revision of standard operational and working procedures and observes workers to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Review and analyze DVI reports, Audits, spoilage and key indicator reports to determine cause of quality or production issues.
- Complete employee performance review/evaluations and recommends salary revisions.
- Plans and directs the employee training required to stay abreast of new products.
- Works in all areas of the laboratory as needed to meet production requirements.
- Monitors and controls all lab costs.
- Responds to customer complaints and concerns as appropriate.
- May be assigned other duties as determined by the Regional Vice President.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Qualifications, Education & Safety Requirements
Bachelor’s degree preferred however a combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
Experience in the Optical Industry as it relates to ophthalmic lenses is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Candidates must have a proven background in Ophthalmic Optics, accompanied with excellent customer service communication and organizational skills.
- Supervisory-level experience required.
- Management-level experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills in anticipating challenges problem solving and seeking resources.
- Able and willing to work as a team.
- Must be able to work overtime, Saturdays and Sundays and some holidays when needed.
- Able to read and write English Language well.
- Able to memorize large amounts of data accurately.
- Computer skills (Windows, MS Office) experience or knowledge working with automated equipment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Work without constant supervision.
- Basic understanding of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program and the Hazard Communication Program.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Closed toe shoe required.
- Must use proper ergonomics when lifting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk and hear for at least 5 to 8 hours. The employee must be able to lift and/or move 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The laboratory environment is clean, quiet and cold. The employee will be exposed to caustic chemicals and electricity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The duties outlined in this document are not limited to what is presented and are not exclusive. You may be asked from time to time to perform additional duties by your supervisor.