Perform installation, maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, physical structures, piping and electrical systems as necessary.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to deduce malfunction.
- Discuss machine operation variations with supervisors, other maintenance personnel, or engineering to diagnose problems or determine machine repairs.
- Equipment setup and calibration.
- Perform Equipment Preventive Maintenance
- Install new equipment or replacement parts.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers, sensors, boards, and wiring.
- Layout, assemble, install/maintain pipe system and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Install, repair and/or program automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Obtain and provide contractor estimates as needed and schedule contractor work.
- Locate the sourcing and ordering of parts and supplies (mechanical/electrical housekeeping)
- Maintain building & machinery logbooks.
- Overall building safety needs.
- Assist in maintenance and disposal of Hazardous Waste Materials.
- Strictly follows SOPs and safety guidelines when performing any task on equipment
- Troubleshoots equipment
- Maintains work stations, equipment, equipment areas, and tools neatly organized and clean
- All other duties as assigned.
- Receives new part inventory and consumables, and put them in correct inventory location
- Assists to maintain appropriate inventory levels of spare parts
- Assists with some building maintenance as required
- Associate Degree or one-year certification from college or technical.
- Two years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance techniques and practices
- Ability to work with Computer/Electrical Controlled equipment
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to read technical documents and manuals and extract information for required repairs of equipment
- Ability to maintain quality and safety standards
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Respond to emergencies as required; coordinate activities with other responders; identify and coordinate resources to effectively repair and ensure the safety of the facility
- Knowledge of safety equipment and practices related to the work, including the handling of hazardous chemicals and lock-out/tag-out procedures
- Able and willing to work as a team
- Must be able to work Overtime, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays as needed
- Must be able to maintain work area clean and tools organized
- Work without supervision
- Able and willing to work as a team
- Basic Math
- Able to read and write English Language well
- Able to memorize large amounts of data accurately
- Computer skills (Windows, MS Office)
- Problem solving skills
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to use ladders, or stools to reach high on shelves. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Basic understanding of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program and the Hazard Communication Program
- Follow of Safety guidelines, procedures, and requirements when working on equipment
- Closed toe shoe required
- Must use proper ergonomics when lifting
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud