Hoya Vision Care – North America is seeking an experienced Optical Technician in our Las Vegas, NV Facility.
This person will have a good technician skills and also a strong customer service focus.
Edger/Lab Technician Duties
• Sort lenses according to thickness, style and frame type to run appropriate edger machine.
• Read Rx to ensure that all previous work was done correctly.
• Place correct lens in edging machine.
• Remove lens from edger and ensure that fits correctly in frame using hand tool.
• Set-up lens using judgment on variable information.
• Check calibration on edger machines twice a day.
Customer Service Duties
• Speaking with customers on phone and in person.
• Filling out Rx forms and determining charges for services requested.
• Proficiency in DVI, Outlook, and other office equipment.
• Update accounts of any issue with job orders.
• Ability to access ETA, Tray or Rx job.
• Become familiar with account warranties and apply properly.
Qualifications / Education
• High School Diploma or GED
• Previous optical experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Able and willing to work as a team
• Good hand/eye coordination, manual dexterity, attention to detail and patience is required.
• Able to read and write English Language well
• Basic math
• Work well in a fast paced environment.
Benefits & How to Apply
Hoya offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K, paid vacation and company holidays and more.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (253) 473-3008. Applicants who are offered a job with HOYA Vision Care will be tested for drugs as part of the post job offer employment screening process.
HOYA is an Equal Opportunity Employer