Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and submits accurate requisitions according to company guidelines.
- Able to gain a proficient understanding of company Purchasing System and perform high level system maintenance, tasks and assignments.
- Expedites and follows-up on requisitions and purchase orders.
- Work with all Hoya locations to ensure the purchasing process is running effectively.
- Work with internal Hoya personnel and Hoya suppliers to correct, revise or cancel purchase orders as required.
- Investigates and works with Hoya requisitioners to clear up aged, open purchase orders.
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with Hoya suppliers and have the ability to seek out new or alternate suppliers as required.
- Review Hoya requisitioners’ purchase orders for accuracy and proper approvals.
- Work with Purchasing System support group on changes and issues.
- Be able to identify and solve discrepancies with purchase orders, pricing, suppliers and any other issues throughout the procurement process.
- Audit new and existing suppliers for pricing accuracy and system status.
- Manage supplier catalogs for redundancy and pricing accuracy.
- Develop and maintain necessary files and records for maximum efficiency in performing job duties.
- Setup, monitor and use judgment on what budgets should be closed in purchase order system.
- Provide marketing team with budget reports and individual budget status.
- Update, maintain and distribute monthly reports.
- Responsible for Cost Administrative duties which include: managing lab network cost updates, new lens costs and lens cost changes, lens discontinuation notices, etc. Research and resolve AP Lens cost issues, and respond to any other Hoya lab lens related cost questions.
- Cross functional training will be required with the Purchasing and Administration department.
- Scan, file, enter budgets correctly and distribute ringishos.
- Schedule conference rooms and conference calls.
- Set up for meetings and order meals as requested by Department Manager
- Schedule transportation and travel as requested and approved by Department Manager.
- Order all office supplies, janitorial items and toner – maintain proper inventory.
- Coordinate, order and maintain proper levels of all outsourced collateral and act as the liaison between sales and Hoya’s fulfillment provider. Charge accounts for any billable items ordered from the fulfillment company.
- Manage and administer GoToMeeting licenses.
- Order and track all prizes from receiving prize form, ordering and maintaining tax files.
- Place POs and check requests for other departments and locations
- Log, send and track all coupons/vouchers and ensure correct procedures are followed
- Mail and ship items as needed.
- Weekly audit on UPS invoices.
- Perform receptionist duties when the receptionist is out of the office.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com or fax to (972) 219-8092.
Applicants who are offered a job with HOYA Vision Care will be tested for drugs as part of the post job offer employment screening process.
HOYA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Courteous and professional; remains open to others' ideas and accepts direction and instructions.
- Time Management - Manages time effectively, requires little supervision while completing assigned tasks.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy; Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; and presents numerical data correctly.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Required to work overtime as needed.
Education & Skills
- High School degree required, bachelor’s degree from college or university preferred
- 2 years Purchasing Department experience preferred, performing duties that may have included purchasing system maintenance & usage, expediting, vendor interaction, basic accounting and planning or scheduling; or logistics
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Excellent PC Computer skills are essential including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), experience with SAP helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The duties outlined in this document are not limited to what is presented and are not exclusive. You may be asked from time to time to perform additional duties by your supervisor.