Regional Sales Manager ~ Midwest
Regional Sales Manager ~ Midwest
HOYA Vision Care - North America is seeking an experienced Regional Sales Manager to represent our complete line of optical lenses and laboratory services to eye care professionals in the Midwest region (covering VA, OH, IN, KY, TN).
The Regional Sales Manager directs and coordinates activities of their sales region and aids the VP, Field Sales in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage sales activities of organization personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Direct channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Advise dealers, distributors and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Assign sales territory to sales representatives.
- Analyze sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales.
- Direct product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships, and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinate liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
- Recommend or approves budget, expenditures and appropriations for research and development work.
- Directly supervise Territory Sales Representatives
- Must be able to drive and travel overnight 40% of the time.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire and train employees; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints; and resolve problems.
- Complete necessary Human Resources paperwork for direct reports in a timely manner.
- Manages subordinate Territory Sales Managers. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of sales region.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable state and federal laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have 8+ years of optical sales experience preferring 5 years in optical sales management.
- Complete understanding of lens materials and types including progressive lens designs.
- Ability to set-up specialized EDE equipment for the transition of individual prescription orders.
- Capable of fitting all type of ophthalmic lenses including Aspheric, Atoric and Multigressive designs.
- Complete understanding of clinical refraction including but not limited to the ability to use any and/or all equipment needed to properly fit eyewear. Equipment includes pupilometer and lensometer.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance coverage, and access to a vehicle.
- Capable of regularly operating a vehicle for an extended period to travel the region up to 90% of the time.
- Capable of driving for an extended period under a variety of conditions and spending extended periods sitting in the vehicle.
- Must have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) per Hoya’s MVR policy as driving is an essential job function.
- Flexible work schedule and regular out-of-the-area and overnight travel are expected.
How to Apply:
- Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (972) 219-8092.
Applicants who are offered a job with HOYA Vision Care will be tested for drugs as part of the post job offer employment screening process.