Puerto Rico and Caribbean
Responsible for being the first level of contact with Retail and Wholesale Accounts within the assigned territory. Responsible for sales performance and customer relations for Hoya Vision Care and Vision Ease. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers. Consistently achieves established sales goals. Is fluent in English and Spanish and effectively uses sales reporting tools, marketing and corporate support programs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs necessary territory and key account planning activities to achieve sales goals. Builds specific business plans for targeted accounts. Adheres to a flexible call schedule based on account volume, potential and needs. Develops existing account base while gaining new accounts.
- Monitor and report key competitor activities within the Territory.
- Resolve customer issues in a timely manner and use the opportunity to build a stronger relationship.
- Develop, implement and successfully execute sales growth strategies for all Retail and Wholesale accounts.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Support national marketing and salesefforts.
- Manage territory sales budget with emphasis on net sales.
- Efficiently manage travel costs.
- Plan, develop, conduct and/or participate in product training and workshops for customers and industry events.
- Establish a positive working relationship with internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Utilize available tools and software, including salesforce.com, to manage accounts and submit required reports in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS or BA in Business or similar experience preferred
- 3 to 5 years outside sales experience is required, industry experience preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication required
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills required
- 75% travel required
- Optometry Board speaker certification preferred
- Optometry Board Certification preferred
- Demonstrated computer skills required
Demonstrated ability to design, construct and implement strategies and creative solutions to engage and up-sell customers. Demonstrated ability to influence all levels of customers as well as within one’s own organization to produce successful results.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or
Complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to make presentations and write articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and marketing plans. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish oral and written required.
Resides in South Florida.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
Percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and
Geometry. Previous profit and loss responsibility for an integrated/semi-integrated business.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software and Project Management software. Demonstrated proficiency with current CRM systems.
Although this position currently has no direct reports, an individual should have strong leadership and team building skills and the ability to lead a group of direct mid-size retail reports in the future.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (972) 989-8097.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer of minorities, women, protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.