Technical Services Manager
The Technical Services Manager (TSM) is responsible for overseeing and fielding product issues/inquiries and providing expertise in the diagnosis and resolution of those issues/inquiries. The TSM provides technical support to customers and supports internal teams including sales, marketing, R&D and manufacturing. The TSM will also be a subject matter expert within the marketing department for technical features of our products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify opportunities to improve technical lens support and quality of service performed. Develop policies and procedures related to delivering high levels of technical customer support and training
- LDS file management for the Americas.
- Implement processes and identify opportunities to reduce product returns and expenses associated with processing issues.
- Track source and type of calls/claims; identify root causes that can be corrected resulting in reducing or eliminating future calls and claims. Must be able to troubleshoot the problem and identify if it is a manufacturing issue or an issue with the customer’s lab process/machinery.
- Establish performance metrics for the department and measure results.
- Build and maintain relationships with key technical influencers within the ophthalmic community. This includes attending and participating in VCA and other industry events.
- Support new product development process. Provide voice of customer to ensure new products meet quality and processing norms.
- Contribute to the completion of competitive audits. Duties include coordinating lenses to evaluate, outlining required tests and assisting in the analysis of the results.
- Participate in all cross-functional teams involved in quality assurance. Monitor, track and record all reported customer defects.
- Maintain a firm understanding of current lens processing technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5+ years' related experience in a progressively responsible Technical Service, Engineering or other technical experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or other relevant fields of study.