Territory Sales Manager ~ Connecticut & West Massachusetts
HOYA Vision Care - North America is seeking an experienced Territory Sales Manager to represent our complete line of optical lenses and laboratory services to the eye care professionals in the Connecticut & Rhode Island market.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales objectives and growing sales volume for Hoya Vision Care products and services within targeted accounts in an assigned territory. They are also ultimately responsible for growing our ECP’s business and their customer’s loyalty through the delivery of Hoya Vision Care’s branded products, marketing strategies, service excellence and technical superiority.
- Sales performance and customer relations
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with the ECP to help them not only grow their branded products sales but their overall business
- Utilizing corporate tools and applications to document, plan, monitor, and meet sales objectives within their territory
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with their lab partners to ensure successful customer relations and achievement of sales objectives
- Consistently achieving established sales goals
- Communicating with Regional Sales Manager on an ongoing basis regarding personal growth, sales results, and plans of action
- Utilizing the knowledge they gain through ride-withs, call-ins and other communication with their Regional Sales Manager to continually improve and meet overall objectives
- Monitors changes in the market and customer base by conducting an analysis to determine account volume, potential and needs.
- Partners with lab partners to achieve sales performance targets.
- Develops and utilizes call schedules and key account business plans to effectively plan territory activities.
- Partner with lab personnel to identify and have in-depth understanding of account opportunities and adjust call schedules and business plans accordingly.
- Trains Customer Service Personnel and partner lab reps on Hoya Vision Care’s premium branded products and promotions.
- Monitors key competitor activities within the Territory, collects competitor price lists and sales materials. Communicates with Regional Sales Manager to implement competitive sales strategies.
- Manages Territory sales budget with emphasis on sales volume , Cycle Plan initiatives, travel and account seminars
- Possesses detailed understanding of accounts, opportunities and needs and creates credibility in business planning activities.
- Builds and implements a strategy for all accounts and creates in depth strategy for key accounts. Reviews plans with Regional Sales Manager on a quarterly basis.
- Effectively utilizes analytical tools and software applications to manage Territory accounts (Cognos, Excel, Salesforce and others).
- Uses consultative selling approach with customers that drives sales and establishes long-term business partnership.
- Varies professional selling approach based on segmentation, audience and ECPs’ business approach.
- Conducts highly effective account seminars for large and small audiences.
- Educates and trains the ecp’s to be proficient with dispensing Hoya Vision Care’s key branded products.
- Helps the ECP
- Anticipates customer needs/issues, addresses proactively, resolves customer issues in a timely manner and uses the opportunity build a stronger relationship. Partners with lab when addressing customer needs while maintaining a professional Hoya Vision Care image.
- Demonstrates an obsession for customer service through customer involvement.
- Uses Regional Meetings, Ride-withs, Call-ins and the annual review process to identify professional needs and develop skills.
- Effectively completes requested tasks from management and corporate office in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated sales results with 1 to 3 years sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Customer service experience or client relations strongly preferred.
- Candidates must live in the territory.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance coverage, and access to a vehicle.
- Capable of regularly operating a vehicle for an extended period to travel the territory up to 90% of the time.
- Capable of driving for an extended period under a variety of conditions and spending extended periods sitting in the vehicle.
- Must have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) per Hoya’s MVR policy as driving is an essential job function.
- Flexible work schedule and occasional out-of-the-area and overnight travel are expected.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (972) 219-8092.
Applicants who are offered a job with HOYA Vision Care will be tested for drugs as part of the post job offer employment screening process.
HOYA is an Equal Opportunity Employer