Vice President, Finance – Americas Region
This role is responsible for the governance and strategic support of HOYA’s Americas region subsidiary network (10 entities), and is responsible for the administrative oversight and management of the US holding company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the governance and control of the operational subsidiary network in the Americas region.
- Setting and tracking KPIs to ensure strategic initiatives are reflected in forecasts and results,
- Overseeing the working capital position and needs of the subsidiaries, and supporting the structuring of internal financing, where necessary,
- Problem solving and supporting the resolution of issues that arise, and
- Ensuring operations act with discipline and compliance with corporate rules and regulations.
- Support operational subsidiaries with finance, tax, accounting, and administration issues.
- Responsible for developing a group of internal consultants (finance, tax, HR, ERP, and legal).
- Responsible for compliance with JSOX in the Americas region.
- Responsible for the identification and management of tax risks and development of opportunities for tax and organizational structuring. Acts as the regional focal point for tax and accounting advice.
- Responsible for the optimization of working capital and cash management.
- Manages relationships with banks, auditors, and tax advisors. Responsible for managing tax audits, structuring deals, developing new frameworks to mitigate financial risks, etc.
- Responsible for identifying financial or business risks and developing responses.
- Proactive in mergers and acquisitions (including oversight of integration of acquired companies), advising teams on potential risks and planning regarding business, finance, funding, and structuring issues.
- Drives implementation of global finance initiatives. Responsible for oversight of the regional financing center.
- Responsible for meeting Financial Headquarters’ management requests – in any functional discipline.
- Advises on the regional dividend and AGM process, attending AGM’s.
- Responsible for the smooth administration (including budgets and results) of the US holding company.
- Responsible for supporting US Human Resources functions related to employee benefits (serves on the employee benefits committee and as a 401(k) plan fiduciary).
- Travel regionally up to 25% of the time, with intermittent international travel.
This position supervises the HOYA Holdings management and staff (Accounting, Human Resources and IT).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have in-depth knowledge and experience domestic and global finance management, cash management, and personnel, resource and organizational management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or a related field. Master’s degree in Business Administration.
- Must possess a certified professional designation (CPA, CA, and/or CFA)
- Must have at least 15 years of progressive work experience in a global, multicultural environment. Big 4 accounting experience a plus.
- Must have 5+ years of progressive US and international tax.
- Prior board experience required, with multi-disciplinary finance experience including mergers and acquisitions.
- English language fluency (spoken and written) is required, with effective business writing ability.
- Ability to work independently in a multicultural, international environment with global colleagues.
- Ability to step into a variety of situations and act as a trusted advisor/consultant.
- Integrity, transparency, honesty, and patience as core attributes are a must.
- Self-motivated self-starter focused on process improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with strong boardroom skills required.
- Detail orientated - ability to focus on small details while seeing the big picture.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.