This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Portions of the Website provide general information about vision, vision care and vision correction. As further described herein, this information is not intended to be a source of or substitute for medical advice. IF YOU SUSPECT THAT YOU HAVE A VISION PROBLEM OR MEDICAL CONDITION REQUIRING ATTENTION, CONTACT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
- to modify or terminate the Website, or any portion thereof, and
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
• Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
Trademarks and Copyrights
“Hoya,” Hoya™, Hoya’s marks, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners. Except where explicitly noted otherwise, all content on the Website is copyrighted and protected under national laws and international treaties throughout the world. You may not copy or use the Website, or any portion thereof, in any manner without our prior written approval. The Website may also contain content that is subject to the copyright and other rights of third parties.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
We respect the property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at the address below and provide the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, and identification of the URL or other specific location on the Website where the material that you claim is infringing is located; (iii) your address, telephone number, and email address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (v) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Company’s designated agent for notice of copyright infringement is:
Attn: Legal Department
Hoya Optical Labs of America, Inc.
397 State Highway 121
Lewisville, TX 75067
It is our policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances account holders who are repeat infringers.
You agree not to use the Website:
• In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
• For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
• To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
• To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
• Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
• Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
• Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
• Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
• Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
The Website may offer opportunities to provide ratings, reviews, participate in message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Website. You must be 18 years of age to participate in the Interactive Services.
The User Contributions may be publicly available. Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose throughout the world in any media or format, now known or hereinafter devised without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of permission from or payment to you or any third party. You further grant Company and its representatives and sublicensees the right to use the screen name or other name that you submit in connection with such User Contribution, if we or they choose. By submitting User Contributions, you agree that you are waiving the benefit of any provision of law known as “moral rights” or similar laws.
You represent and warrant that:
• You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and [our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
• Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
• Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
• Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
• Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
• Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
• Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
• Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
If we or our representatives provided you with a product, prize or compensation, you must disclose this fact in all User Submissions. You must also disclose if you are an employee, vendor, supplier or are otherwise connected to the Company if you are writing about any Company product or service in your User Submission.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information provided or made available by third parties in the Interactive Services are those of the respective authors and not of the Company. The Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Submissions posted by you or any third party. You agree that you are responsible for any User Submissions that you post or submit, and for any consequences thereof.
We have the right to:
• Monitor, edit, remove, or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
• Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
• Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDER FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY AND/OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY OR SUCH PARTIES LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material
Information About You and Your Conduct
Whenever you provide us with information, including when you create an account, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information; and
- maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
You agree not to propose ideas, concepts, methods or techniques for new or proposed services or products through the Website. However, should you do so, you hereby grant to the Company a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use the content of such communication in any manner whatsoever.
You also agree not to:
- access or attempt to access any information, documents or material by working around any technical limitations in the Website that limit your use of or access to the Website;
- disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Website, including systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Website or any affiliated or linked websites, applications, materials, documents or services;
- access or use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any server or network;
- infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights;
- post or otherwise submit any software, programs or files that are harmful or disruptive to any equipment, software or other property, including corrupted files, time bombs, Trojan Horses, viruses and worms;
- create a false identity for the purpose of misleading the Company or others or use any Company domain name as a pseudonymous return email address;
- disrupt, interfere or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations related to the access to or use of the Website;
- prepare, compile, scrape, harvest, download or otherwise use or copy any user information, usage information or any other information, or transmit, provide or otherwise distribute (whether or not for a fee) such information to any third party;
- transmit unsolicited or bulk communications to any Company account holder or to any Company affiliated e-mail address or engage in any chain letters, contests, junk e-mail pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of Company or any third party or abuse, defame, harass, stalk or threaten another; and/or
- use any robot, spider, or other such programmatic or automatic device, including automated dial-in or inquiry devices, to obtain information from the Website or otherwise monitor or copy any portion of the Website.
We have made every effort on the Website to display the dimensions, features, and colors of our products as accurately as possible. However, the colors you see in our products will depend on your monitor or other display and we cannot guarantee that colors will be accurately displayed. We do not warrant that the product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
Company will not be liable for typographical errors, including but not limited to, incorrect prices, on the Website and we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order or service in the event of a typographical error.
Delays resulting from the carrier are not the responsibility of the Company and we reserve the right to deny refunds, replacements, or exchanges for shipments that are undeliverable or mis-delivered due to your error or the carrier’s error.
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
• Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
• Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
• Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
• Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
• Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
• Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the Website is based in the State of Texas in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Medical Disclaimer: Eye Care Professional Locator
Portions of the Website provide general information about vision, vision care and vision correction. This content is intended for informational purposes only. We do not provide medical advice or professional healthcare advice and the Website should not be used as a source of or substitute for such advice. If you suspect that you have a vision problem or medical condition requiring attention, contact a qualified professional as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Although the Digital Services may provide you with the ability to locate eye care professionals (“ECP”) offering Company products through a “Find a Provider” or similar ECP locator feature (individually and collectively, “ECP Locator”) and may offer information and other content provided by ECPs and other healthcare professionals, your use of the Website does not create a healthcare professional-patient relationship or a doctor-patient relationship with any ECP or other healthcare professional.
ECPs are required to keep the information contained in the ECP Locator regarding their practice reasonably current and accurate. However, such information is supplied by third parties and is not independently verified by Company. We make no representations or warranties of any nature with respect to such information, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. We urge you to verify the accuracy of this information with appropriate sources, such as the ECP’s office, insurance providers, state medical or professional licensing boards and relevant professional associations.
The ECP Locator is provided as a convenience to consumers to enable them to locate ECPs offering our products. Any other use is strictly prohibited. WE DO NOT ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY, ANY INDIVIDUAL ECP OR ECP PRACTICE. Exclusion from the ECP Locator does not indicate our disapproval of any ECP.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING YOUR ECP AND OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS. YOUR USE OF THE ECP LOCATOR AND WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. We shall not be liable to you or others for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information obtained from the ECP Locator or the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its rules and procedures, including the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (as applicable), as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The AAA's rules are available at www.adr.org. A form for initiating arbitration proceedings is available on the AAA's website at http://www.adr.org.
If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, either you or Company may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on the other party subject to the arbitrator's discretion to require an in-person hearing if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at an in-person hearing may be made by telephone, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator's award shall be confidential, final and binding, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules.
Prohibition of Class Actions and Non-Individualized Relief
You and Company agree that each of us may bring claims against the other only on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative action or proceeding. Unless both you and Company agree otherwise, one person's or party's claims may not be joined with another’s and no judge or arbitrator may preside over any form of a consolidated, representative, or class proceeding. Also, a judge or arbitrator may award relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief necessitated by that party's individual claim(s). Any relief awarded cannot affect other users of the Website.YOU ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO COMMENCE OR PARTICIPATE IN CLASS AND REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Any software and all underlying information and technology downloaded from the Website (collectively the "Software") by you may be subject to U.S. export controls, including the Export Administration Act (50 U.S.C. Appx. §§ 2401 et seq.) and the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR", 50 C.F.R. Parts 730-774), and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You are responsible for complying with all trade regulations and laws, both foreign and domestic. Except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the Software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls, including persons or entities listed on the U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security Denied Parties List and the U.S. Department of Treasury's Specially Designated Nationals. You further represent and warrant that no U.S. federal agency has suspended, revoked, or denied your export privileges.
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Hoya Optical Labs of America, Inc., 397 State Highway 121, Lewisville, Texas 75067.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to
Statement On Slavery And Human Trafficking
Company’s statement on slavery and human trafficking can be found here: